Made in Ghana, our Organic Shea Butter is packed with ultra-moisturizing agents
Sky Organics’ all-natural Shea Butter is extracted from the Shea nut in Ghana. Locally, the Shea nut is also referred to as “Women’s White Gold,” since many women have gained financial independence from processing it. Shea Butter is rich in vitamins A and E, as well as oleic and stearic acid. It boosts collagen production and features a nutty aroma. Sky Organics’ Shea Butter is cold-pressed and unrefined. The butter is solid at room temperature, but usually melts when rubbed onto the hands or skin.
Benefits of Shea Butter
- Use Shea Butter to moisturize your face and body.
- Apply around the eyes to reduce eye bags.
- Massage stretch marks with Shea to help them fade.
- Make a DIY moisturizing body lotion.
- Rub Shea between your hands and use it as a body moisturizer.
- Shea can be used as mild UV protection against UV rays (SPF 6).
- Pour Shea in a lip balm container and use to keep your lips moisturized.
- Enhance your skin’s elasticity.
- Sooth your nose during a cold by applying some Shea around the nostrils.
- Use Shea as make-up foundation to help your makeup pop out more and last longer.
- The collagen in Shea Butter will help your skin fade scars.
- Repair your skin after sun exposure.
- Rub Shea around your nails to prevent cuticles.
- Shea can help reduce inflammation, eczema, and psoriasis.
We recommend adding a few drops of essential oils to customize your experience with Shea Butter. You can also use Shea Butter to make your own skincare recipes!
- For face and body use, gently rub some Shea Butter on the hands and spread it evenly on your desired area.
- Apply Shea Butter to the lips to keep them smooth and soft.
- For the hair and scalp, use the double-boiler method to warm Shea Butter. Wait for it to become oily. Then, let it cool and apply from the scalp to the ends of the hair. Leave for 15-30 minutes to achieve the best results.
DIY Beauty Recipe with Shea Butter: Deep Moisturizing Body Butter
The Base: ½ cup of Sky Organics Shea Butter: Nutty scent, great for dry skin.
The Oils: Both are needed
- ¼ Sky Organics Coconut Oil: Cleanse your skin and relax your muscles
- ¼ Sky Organics Almond Oil: Fight aging signs, gives glow to your skin
The scent: Choose 1
- 10 drops of Sky Organics Lavender Oil: Soothing & relaxing, perfect for night cream and children
- 10 drops of Sky Organics Sweet Orange Oil: Invigorating & uplifting, ideal for mornings
- 10 drops of Sky Organics Peppermint Oil: Revitalizing & refreshing, great as a holiday gift
- Place the bowl in a pot of boiling water, the same way a double boiler works.
- Add the Shea Butters, the Almond Oil and the Coconut Oil. Wait until they melt completely.
- Stir lightly and store in fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Add the essential oil (Sweet Orange, Lavender or Peppermint) and whip until the mixture become fluffy.
- Pour into mason jar.
- Share on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and enjoy!!